From: Martin Parker on
I have a combobox which is populated with all the worksheets within the
workbook. The controlsource of the combobox is linked to cell c5 on Sheet1

My question is how do i make the Excel workbook open at the worksheet which
is detailed within the combobox linked cell.

I've been previously using in the Workbook_Open procedure:-

Worksheets(Worksheets("sheet1").Range("c5").Value)

but the above code doesnt seem to work.

Hope you can help!

Cheers
From: ozgrid.com on
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
'Sheet CodeName
'http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-vba-sheet-names.htm
Sheet1.Activate
End Sub

From: JLatham on
Worksheets(Worksheets("sheet1").Range("c5").Value).Activate

From: Martin Parker on
Thanks that works great, however, one problem, if the user has previously
closed the app on the worksheet the code is referring to, I get a runtime
error on workbook open.

How would i code to check if the worksheet requested to open up at workbook
open is already activated?

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers

From: Martin Parker on
This is the code i'm using that gets a runtime error application defined or
object defined error:-

If ActiveSheet.Name = Worksheets("sheet1").Range("c5") Then
MsgBox "Already here on... " & ActiveSheet.Name
Else
'MsgBox "Not here!"
Worksheets(Worksheets("sheet1").Range("c5").Value).Activate
End If

Hope you guys can help!