From: Jackie on
On 5/19/2010 19:29, Jackie wrote:
> This should open in the default browser...
>
> ProcessStartInfo startInfo = new ProcessStartInfo("http://www.google.com");
> startInfo.UseShellExecute = true;
> Process.Start(startInfo);

Apparantly this works as well...

Process.Start("http://www.google.com");

I made some assumptions when I (too) quickly glanced over your post. I
should have read it more carefully and given it some more thought before
posting my reply.
From: Family Tree Mike on
On 5/19/2010 1:46 PM, Jackie wrote:
> On 5/19/2010 19:29, Jackie wrote:
>> This should open in the default browser...
>>
>> ProcessStartInfo startInfo = new
>> ProcessStartInfo("http://www.google.com");
>> startInfo.UseShellExecute = true;
>> Process.Start(startInfo);
>
> Apparantly this works as well...
>
> Process.Start("http://www.google.com");
>
> I made some assumptions when I (too) quickly glanced over your post. I
> should have read it more carefully and given it some more thought before
> posting my reply.

Technically, that is not the answer to what the user asked. Your code
example will open the url with the default browser. The question asked
specifies to use IE. Forcing IE to open is likely to madden many users
though.

--
Mike
From: Jackie on
On 5/19/2010 23:49, Family Tree Mike wrote:
> On 5/19/2010 1:46 PM, Jackie wrote:
>> On 5/19/2010 19:29, Jackie wrote:
>>> This should open in the default browser...
>>>
>>> ProcessStartInfo startInfo = new
>>> ProcessStartInfo("http://www.google.com");
>>> startInfo.UseShellExecute = true;
>>> Process.Start(startInfo);
>>
>> Apparantly this works as well...
>>
>> Process.Start("http://www.google.com");
>>
>> I made some assumptions when I (too) quickly glanced over your post. I
>> should have read it more carefully and given it some more thought before
>> posting my reply.
>
> Technically, that is not the answer to what the user asked. Your code
> example will open the url with the default browser. The question asked
> specifies to use IE. Forcing IE to open is likely to madden many users
> though.

Yes. I was a bit too quick (like I said). However, he said he got the
message "The system cannot find the file specified", and if you see my
other reply, I made an attempt to explain why this happens.
From: Jackie on
On 5/20/2010 01:18, Jackie wrote:

>> Technically, that is not the answer to what the user asked. Your code
>> example will open the url with the default browser. The question asked
>> specifies to use IE. Forcing IE to open is likely to madden many users
>> though.
>>

> Yes. I was a bit too quick (like I said). However, he said he got the
> message "The system cannot find the file specified", and if you see my
> other reply, I made an attempt to explain why this happens.

After reading my own reply, my tone may sound a little harsh and I did
not mean that. Please just ignore my previous replies as they do not
really help at all. I must admmit that while I wanted to help, I have
failed to really understand the OP's actual problem here.
From: Jackie on
On 5/20/2010 01:29, Jackie wrote:
> On 5/20/2010 01:18, Jackie wrote:
>>>
>>> Technically, that is not the answer to what the user asked. Your code
>>> example will open the url with the default browser. The question asked
>>> specifies to use IE. Forcing IE to open is likely to madden many users
>>> though.
>>>

>> Yes. I was a bit too quick (like I said). However, he said he got the
>> message "The system cannot find the file specified", and if you see my
>> other reply, I made an attempt to explain why this happens.
>
> After reading my own reply, my tone may sound a little harsh and I did
> not mean that. Please just ignore my previous replies as they do not
> really help at all. I must admmit that while I wanted to help, I have
> failed to really understand the OP's actual problem here.

I understand the problem now and I feel so stupid. I can get overly
excited and sometimes even do more than I needed to. It is just past 2
am here now as well and obviously a bad time for me to post anything at
all. I will give better answers in the future. I am sorry to have
cluttered the group and maybe caused inconvenience to the OP.