From: JB on
Experts,

in an application I'm using serialization of big data structures. For
deserialization purpose, the VM seems to generate and load classes (see
subject), which takes it some 100 milliseconds. Unfortunately, when a
full gc occurs, these classes get unloaded, resulting in the need of
regenerating and loading them the next time a serialized data structure
is accessed.

My java -version is 1.5.0_07-b03
"-verbose:class -verbose:gc"

My questions are:

1. Why are these classes generated? I'd like to understand this
concept, but can't find any information about it.
2. How can I prevent the garbage collector from unloading them?

Note that -Xnoclassgc doesn't help. The classes are not unloaded, but
nevertheless newly generated and loaded the next time an object is
deserialized.

Thanks in advance
JB