From: RAF on
I have a word document which is 2700 pages long. I need to print out every
4th page onto letterhead. Is there a means to do this? TIA.
From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
You could use a macro containing the following code:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Range.Information(wdActiveEndPageNumber) Step 4
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="p" & i, To:="p" & i
Next i
End With

That's assuming that it is just those pages that you want to print, and not
the whole document with every fourth page on letter head and the other three
pages of each letter on plain paper for which your printer would need to
have multiple paper sources.

Another thing is that if each letter is in a separate Section of the
document, as would be the case if it was created by mail merge, then you
would need to use:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="p1s" & i, To:="p1s" & i
Next i
End With

If you have a printer with multiple paper trays, and each letter is in a
separate Section, you should however go to the Paper tab of the Page Setup
dialog and there you can set that tray from which the paper for the first
page of each Section should be taken and the tray from which the paper for
the remaining pages of each Section should be taken.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.