From: vcar on
On 2009Äê12ÔÂ30ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç8ʱ34·Ö, Frank Buss <f....(a)frank-buss.de> wrote:
> vcar wrote:
> > Comparing to DS2401, DS28E01 or DS2432 is more applicable.
>
> You are right, the DS2432 looks interesting with the SHA1 hash function.
> But I couldn't find it at Digikey and you have to register at Maxim to just
> get the price for it, so maybe a small PIC (which has program read
> protection) is better.
>
> > If I use these chips, need I use BSCAN_VIRTEX5 + ICAP_VIRTEX5 to
> > monitor JTAG activities?
>
> I don't think this is needed, because an attacker could desolder the flash
> anyway and simulate a FPGA to read the bitstream, or use a logic analyzer
> for recording the FPGA boot process.
>
> --
> Frank Buss, f...(a)frank-buss.dehttp://www.frank-buss.de,http://www.it4-systems.de

Thank you for your advice. The short answer should be no any strange
primitives in my final bit stream.
From: untergangsprophet on
On 29 Dez. 2009, 08:49, vcar <hi...(a)163.com> wrote:
> For certainreasons, I could not use battery on my board, so the
> Virtex5 bitstream encryptioncould not be used. In this situation, what
> could I do to protect my design on areasonable level?

What about an Atmel crypto-memory?

It has your Key, which is very difficult to clone.
The FPGA logic can then have random values encrypted by the crypto-
memory and verify them with its internal key.
You should spent some effort to make sure your "random values" are
sufficiently random.

You could go the same Way using for example a LPC (NXP) flash-
microcontroller which can be read-protected.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: fsm coding question
Next: Seeking some advice