From: Pablo Carrizo on
I�m developing a mobile app WM6 + CF 3.5 + C#.
My idea is that when the customers install the app, it�s ask for a serial
key.... anybody has any link or paper or sample about how to do it ?

Thanks a lot.

From: Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ on
There are no samples, at least from Microsoft. Having a sample would be the
same as saying, here's the best way to do this. There are a thousand ways to
do it.

Get the device ID, use that to generate a user ID using some public key
encryption technology, and have the user send you that encrypted data. Send
back a key code encrypted with the application's public key and which you
decode using the private key internally. If the code doesn't 'match' the
device ID, don't run.

Or just send the user a keycode public-key encrypted. Use the private key
in the application to verify that the keycode is valid and, if not, don't run.

Ask for a serial number and just verify that it passes some test that you
apply to it.

Etc, etc, etc.

Paul T.

From: Pablo Carrizo on
Thanks Paul.
So, the device ID is unique among mobile devices ?

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ net> escribi� en el
mensaje news:2B8B76FB-C0F2-41C5-B47D-ADF1BC874F1E(a)microsoft.com...

From: Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ on
Theoretically, yes, on Windows Mobile devices. Over the years, there have
been various problems with that, but having it be unique is the intent.
Other Windows CE-based embedded devices can do whatever they want.

Paul T.

From: Alberto Silva, MVP on
Unfortunatelly, some recent HP devices share the same 'unique ID' across
them, just as the LG GM750 (Vodafone) does.

--
Alberto Silva
myList.Add("http://www.moving2u.pt", "R&D Manager - Microsoft Certified

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ net> escreveu na
mensagem news:98482855-0D1F-49BE-883F-1B27FD94B70A(a)microsoft.com...

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4956 (20100318) __________

http://www.eset.com

Pages: 1
Prev: Language message