From: Anthony Papillion on
I'm developing a very simple application for a customer and I need to put a
data file in a very specific place on the machine during my apps install.
I'm told specifically to use OneClick to install and nothing else. How do I
go about placing a file at a specific location during a OneClick install?

Thanks!

From: Patrice on
A thing you could perhaps do would be to move the file when the application
is first launched. Note also that it may require some additional rights
depending on the target location.

Else I don't think you can with ClickOnce do this at install time (basically
this is based on a cache mechanism and this cache location is handled for
you).

Try :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/142dbbz4.aspx for a comparison and
around for more details (for now I dind"t find where thay say explicitely
that).

--
Patrice

"Anthony Papillion" <papillion(a)gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe
de discussion : uq6jl8MoKHA.5260(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

From: Anthony Papillion on

>A thing you could perhaps do would be to move the file when the application
>is first launched. Note also that it may require some additional rights
>depending on the target location.
>
> Else I don't think you can with ClickOnce do this at install time
> (basically this is based on a cache mechanism and this cache location is
> handled for you).
>
> Try :
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/142dbbz4.aspx for a comparison and
> around for more details (for now I dind"t find where thay say explicitely
> that).

Thank you very much Patrice! I don't think I'm going to use OneClick at this
point. I can make a strong enough case for a traditional installer on this
one I think. Thank you again for your help!

Anthony