From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
Armin,

I expected this answer, but I've read first what the OP sent.

(I had almost connected my answer to your reply :-) )

> Sometimes I make mistakes and I would then like to check the text directly
> on the sql server.

Is it really to expect that this is needed for an Jet database engine?

But nobody prevents you to get the Command.Text and replace the OleDB
parameters which are then unnamed (and in fact ?) that yourself.

I'm sure you know how to do that?

:-)

Cor

From: Armin Zingler on
Am 29.03.2010 13:50, schrieb Cor Ligthert[MVP]:
> Armin,
>
> I expected this answer, but I've read first what the OP sent.

I have no doubts. :)

>> Sometimes I make mistakes and I would then like to check the text directly
>> on the sql server.
>
> Is it really to expect that this is needed for an Jet database engine?

Yes, I needed it.

> But nobody prevents you to get the Command.Text and replace the OleDB
> parameters which are then unnamed (and in fact ?) that yourself.
>
> I'm sure you know how to do that?
>
> :-)

Even if I know how to do it, the String that I build is not the String
that is sent to the database (engine). The latter is what I want to see.
And if I already build the string myself, I could send it to the database
instead of using the Parameters property, but isn't the latter recommended?

--
Armin
From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
Armin,

I am not so sure that a complete string is sent, the command procedure is
the same as with a stored procedure, where the mechanism of the parameters
is used.

> Am 29.03.2010 13:50, schrieb Cor Ligthert[MVP]:
>> Armin,
>>
>> I expected this answer, but I've read first what the OP sent.
>
> I have no doubts. :)
>
>>> Sometimes I make mistakes and I would then like to check the text
>>> directly
>>> on the sql server.
>>
>> Is it really to expect that this is needed for an Jet database engine?
>
> Yes, I needed it.
>
>> But nobody prevents you to get the Command.Text and replace the OleDB
>> parameters which are then unnamed (and in fact ?) that yourself.
>>
>> I'm sure you know how to do that?
>>
>> :-)
>
> Even if I know how to do it, the String that I build is not the String
> that is sent to the database (engine). The latter is what I want to see.
> And if I already build the string myself, I could send it to the database
> instead of using the Parameters property, but isn't the latter
> recommended?
>
> --
> Armin

First  |  Prev  |