From: Osmo Saarikumpu on
Stefan Mueller kirjoitti:
> May I ask why you put a ';' to the second last position of the
> following line?
> onmouseover="this.className='tableentry_active';"

It's just a statement separator. Many add it automatically, needed or not.

> Is it really necessary and if yes why didn't you also put a ';' at the
> third last position of the following line?
> onmouseout="this.className=this.state;">

It's not necessary, but it's there waiting just in case we decide to add
more statements to the event, e.g. (forced):

onmouseover="this.className='tableentry_active';alert(this.className)"

(Reference to window omitted for the sake of brevity.)

An analogy to CSS:

h1 {
color:#000;
background-color:#fff;
}

The second semicolon is not needed, but I tend to add it anyways.

--
Best wishes,
Osmo
From: optimistx on
Osmo Saarikumpu wrote:

> onmouseover="this.className='tableentry_active';alert(this.className)"
>
> (Reference to window omitted for the sake of brevity.)
Yes, that is an excellent idea. Very brief now.