From: MartinL on
I found this info in order to reference the "shdocvw" object, but the
"Microsoft Internet Controls" option doesn't appear in the dialog box. Is
there another way to reference it directly? I am running Excel 2003 SP3.
I did a Search for "shdowvw" in my pc and found several shdocvw.dll files in
different folders, like in C:WINDOWS\system32 for example. Can I reference
this directly? if so how?

"The References dialog box lists all the objects available to Visual Basic.
You access the dialog box by selecting Tools/References from the menu bar.
Figure 3-5 shows the References dialog box with a reference set to the
Internet Explorer object library. The proper reference is described in the
dialog box as "Microsoft Internet Controls." "

Thanks in advance.

From: AB on
No luck, huh? :)
garb (copy) that path
C:WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll
the in the References window click on browse
then paste the full path in the 'File name'
hit enter.

Should do the trick.

From: Gary Brown on
- Get into the VBE (Visual Basic Editor)
- From the top menu, select TOOLS > REFERENCES...
- Select the 'Browse' button on the right side of the window.
- Browse to 'C:\Windows\system32\shdocvw.dll' and select it.
- Hit OK
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

From: MartinL on
I got help form user AB in another forum, who suggested I find "Microsoft
Browser
Helper" in the list, I did find it and now the "Microsoft Internet Controls"
option also appears. I don't know how that worked but it did.

Thanks!