From: clara on
Hi all,

I am consolidate multiple xls files into one, now in code, I have to use
workbooks.open(...) first, then do retrieve, but this method is too slow. Is
there any way retrieve data from a xls file without opening it.

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help
From: AB on
i'm using
Data>Import External Data>New Database Query
extensively.
In vba it would be something like:
activesheet.querytables.add...

If the .xls file is huge, though, it'll be opening it up anyway.

From: Eduardo on
Hi Clara,
Take a look to Ron web

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

"clara" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am consolidate multiple xls files into one, now in code, I have to use
> workbooks.open(...) first, then do retrieve, but this method is too slow. Is
> there any way retrieve data from a xls file without opening it.
>
> Clara
> --
> thank you so much for your help

Pages: 1