From: Bill in Orlando on
Hello:

I had arunning SBS 2003 server site. Default Web Site had OutLook Web
Access. Client went to: www.server.com/exchange for outlook web.

Default Website was deleted by accident.
I uninstalled and reinstalled IIS to create Default Web Site again.

/exchange (outlook web access) is not in the Default Site anymore. How do
I reinstall it?

Thanks, Bill

From: Bill in Orlando on
Hello:

Found the answer already - from another post! (as follows) thanks!

Hi

According to your description, I understand that you want initialize the
virtual directory of IIS including Exchange, Exadmin, exchweb , OMA ,
public. If I have misunderstood your concern, please feel free to let me
know.

Based on my experience, please using the follow steps to recreate Virtual
Directory

1. Reregister Msxml.dll and Msxml3.dll. To do this, type the following
commands in a command prompt on your Exchange computer:

regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\msxml.dll

regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\msxml3.dll

2. Use one of the following methods to re-create the Exchange-related
virtual directories in Internet Services Manager, depending on your
situation.

Exchange 2000

a. Start Internet Services Manager, and then click the Computer icon under
Internet Information Services.

b. On the Action menu, click Backup/Restore Configuration.

c. Click Create backup, type a name for your backup file, and then click
OK.

Note By default, the backup file is saved to the
%SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\MetaBack folder. If you want to save your
backup file to another location, you can copy the file from this default
location to another location. Keep a copy of the backup file in the default
location to permit easy restoration. This backup method permits you to
restore only your Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) settings,
not your content files. This backup method does not work if you reinstall
your operating system. Backup files cannot be used to restore an IIS
configuration on other computers that are running Windows 2000.

d. Click Close.

e. Right-click Default Web Site, and then click Stop.

f. Delete the following virtual directories:

? Exadmin

? Exchange

? Public

? Exchweb

g. Open a command prompt on the Exchange computer, type cd
c:\>inetpub\adminscripts, and then press ENTER.

Note: The Adsutil.vbs script uses CScript. If you register Cscript.exe as
your default scripting host, you do not have to type Cscript.exe in front
of the scripts to run them. If you do not want to register Cscript.exe, or
if you have already registered CScript as your default scripting host, go
to step k.

h. To register CScript as your default scripting host, type adsutil, and
then press ENTER.

If CScript is not the default scripting host on this computer, you receive
the following message:

This script does not work with WScript.

If CScript is already the default scripting host, text that describes how
to use the Adsutil.vbs tool appears.

i. Click OK.

j. Click Yes to register CScript, click OK, and then click OK again.

k. Type the following command:

adsutil delete ds2mb

l. Restart the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service. This
re-creates the Exadmin, Exchange, and Public virtual directories in IIS.

m. In Internet Services Manager, right-click Default Web Site, and then
click Start.

Exchange 2003

Method 1: Reset the HighWaterMarks

a. Download and install the IIS 6.0 Resource Kit Tools. To obtain the IIS
6.0 Resource Kit Tools, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=56FC92EE-A71A-4C73-
B628-ADE 629C89499&displaylang=en
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=56FC92EE-A71A-4C73
-B628-ADE629C89499&displaylang=en)

If you do not want to install all the IIS 6.0 Resource Kit Tools, click the
Custom installation option to install only Metabase Explorer 1.6.

b. Start IIS Manager.

c. Back up the metabase. To do this, right-click Default Web Site, click
All Tasks, and then click Save Configuration to a File. Type a filename for
the file and click OK.

d. Expand Default Web Site, and then delete the following virtual
directories:

? Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

? OMA

? Exadmin

? Exchange

? Public

? ExchWeb

e. Start Metabase Explorer. To do this, click Start, point to All
Programs, point to IIS Resources, point to Metabase Explorer, and then
click Metabase Explorer.

f. Expand the LM key, right-click the DS2MB key, and then click Delete.

g. Close Metabase Explorer.

h. Restart the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service to re-create
the virtual directories in IIS.

Note If the virtual directories are not re-created after 15 minutes,
restart the server.

i. In IIS Manager, expand Default Web Site, right-click Exchweb, and then
click Properties.

j. Click the Directory Security tab, and then click Edit under
Authentication and access control.

k. Verify that only the Enable anonymous access check box is selected.

l. Right-click Default Web Site, and then click Stop.

m. Right-click Default Web Site, and then click Start.

n. Restart the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service to re-create the
virtual directories in IIS.

Note If the virtual directories are not re-created after 15 minutes,
restart the server.

Additional, I suggest you to remove the current Certificate

1. Open IIS Manager, navigate to Default Web Site

2. Right click, select the properties, and go to Directory Security
tab

3. Click Server Certificate, go to web server certificate wizard

4. Click next, then remove the current certificate, finish the wizard.