From: Santander on
Need advice how to remove correctly the Windows Malicious Software Removal
Tool installed with automatic updates. (KB890830)
What files to delete and where?

Many microsoft Windows users who downloaded this AntiSpyware program from
microsoft, or had it installed through an automatic Windows update, woke up
to a surprise - the heuristics of the software detected Internet Explorer as
spyware, and removed the program from their systems.
However, users of alternative browsers were just happy to see Internet
Explorer gone. I still want keep Internet Explorer, anyway and dont think
the MRT tool is useful.

thanks.

From: Ronaldo on
Check the comment on the Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT.exe). It is a
standalone .exe file so all you need to do is delete it from
C:\WINDOWS\System32\'MRT.exe'

http://forums.techarena.in/security-virus/624248.htm

From: Kayman on
On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:04:47 +0300, Santander wrote:

> Need advice how to remove correctly the Windows Malicious Software Removal
> Tool installed with automatic updates. (KB890830)
> What files to delete and where?
>
> Many microsoft Windows users who downloaded this AntiSpyware program from
> microsoft, or had it installed through an automatic Windows update, woke up
> to a surprise - the heuristics of the software detected Internet Explorer as
> spyware, and removed the program from their systems.

You don't know what your are talking about!
BTW, the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool is *not* an AntiSpyware
program.

> However, users of alternative browsers were just happy to see Internet
> Explorer gone. I still want keep Internet Explorer, anyway and dont think
> the MRT tool is useful.

You don't make any sense!
From: Santander on
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2005/01/microsoft_antispyware.html

thanks

From: MowGreen [MVP] on
You do know that's a joke, right and that the joke refers to Windows
Defender [aka MS Antispyware], *not* the MRT ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten