From: Keenan on
Hello,

About a year ago we migrated from a Novell environment to Exchange 2003. It
seems that during the migration process, numerous records were copied over
including CCMail, GWISE, MS, old X.400, smtp addresses, and old x.500
records.

I have been successful at bulk removing the old SMTP records by using
ADModify.Net.

I reviewed ADSIEdit and I can not locate the attribute name to do a custom
removal with ADModify. It almost appears that they are "ghost" entries, who
obviously is not the case.

However, how can I bulk remove the CCMail, GWISE, MS, old X.400, and old
x.500 records?

Thanks in advance,

Keenan

From: John Fullbright on
Be careful when you do this. Removing the old records could cause a
situation where replies to old emails NDR. Assuming you didn't have CCMail
or MSMail in your environment, you could remove them from your default
recipient policy and do an "update all". I don't know the history of x400
in your environment. The custom x500 addresses are there to support the old
5.5 DNs. The GWISE supports the old Groupwise addresses. If you remove
them, and someone digs up a premigration email and tries to reply to it, it
will NDR. I would at least do an announcement setting a date for
discontinuance of support for the old addresses prior to removing them.
Prep your helpdesk so they'll know how to handle the calls as well.