From: priyanka.biswas2480 on
I have created an addin which after building generates a .dll file.But
whenever i make some changes to the code & try to rebuild i always get
the error
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1168: cannot open Debug/Qmore_1.dll for writing
Error executing link.exe.
But after unchecking the addin in the Addins & Macro Files tab in
Tools->Customize & then closing Visual Studio IDE & again restarting
the IDE it builds fine.
Can anyone suggest what is to be done to get rid of this error?

From: Stuart Redmann on
priyanka.biswas2480(a)gmail.com wrote:
:
> Can anyone suggest what is to be done to get rid of this error?

Nope. I can just suggest to build your add-in the following way:

1. Start your first instance of VC with your add-in disabled.
2. Start a second instance of VC and enable your add-in.

Now you can test your add-in just as you like. If you want to recompile
it, you just need to close the second instance of VC (the second
instance will release its reference to the add-in, so the first instance
can write the dll). If you have compiled the add-in, you can simply
start the second instance again (it will start with your add-in enabled,
since the second instance will save its settings).

I think this is a bit messy, but I believe there is no way to avoid
closing and starting VC again and again. If your VC needs not to long to
come up, this should procedure should be quite fast.

Stuart