From: Lilian on
Hi,

Do someone know how to return accounter to zero position in Access database?
I tryied to delete data from db and compact and repair it doesn't help,
tryied in tables designvy to delete primary key and wrote it again. Before
deleting of data it was 100 records efter i erased them the accounter returns
to the position 5.

Best regards,
Lilian

From: Keven Denen on
On Oct 15, 10:19 am, Lilian <Lil...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do someone know how to return accounter to zero position in Access database?
> I tryied to delete data from db and compact and repair it doesn't help,
> tryied in tables designvy to delete primary key and wrote it again. Before
> deleting of data it was 100 records efter i erased them the accounter returns
> to the position 5.
>
> Best regards,
> Lilian

Do not use the autonumber for anything you care about. It's sole
purpose is to give you a unique number to use as a key value. It
should never be used for some business purpose. If I were Microsoft, I
would remove the sequential option from the autonumber field and only
let people use random numbers.

That said, here's Microsoft's TechNet article on resetting an
Autonumber field: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812718

Keven Denen
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
You need to empty the table, then compact the database.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
Microsoft Access