From: OLE OBJECT IN MS ACCESS WITH BITMAP FILE OLE OBJECT IN MS ACCESS WITH BITMAP on
Hi

I desined a data base (mdb) that includes a ole object , the expected file
is bitmab file , and it was working fine by inserting the bmp files ,, but
suddenly i got different content while inserting the bitmap files it changes
to package content instaed of bitmap object . and instead of getting the
picture in the box i got the small icon with the name of the file .

so what could be the reason for that ?

hanks

From: Oliver Straub on
Hi,

> I desined a data base (mdb) that includes a ole object , the expected file
> is bitmab file , and it was working fine by inserting the bmp files ,, but
> suddenly i got different content while inserting the bitmap files it
> changes
> to package content instaed of bitmap object . and instead of getting the
> picture in the box i got the small icon with the name of the file .
>
> so what could be the reason for that ?

you have changed the standard file association for bmp-Files. The new
programm have no ole-interface. Change the association for bmp back to
Microsoft Paint.

You could also insert the pictures by code. My sample shows how to insert
pictures in an unbound ADO Recordset as source for an endless form. You
could use the same way to insert the pics in your table.

http://freenet-homepage.de/gostresize/acc/A00_ADOvirtuellRSwithOLE_1.zip

--
Oliver Straub
Munich