From: poster on
just unpacking it to primary active partition,starting himem and
ifshlp.sys and typing win.com does not work
so how can one make a bootable cd/usbflash with this mini98(make/use
win98 bootsector instead of loading it to ramdisk as hirens does)?
From: chuckcar on
poster <anglomont(a)yahoo.com> wrote in

> just unpacking it to primary active partition,starting himem and
> ifshlp.sys and typing win.com does not work
> so how can one make a bootable cd/usbflash with this mini98(make/use
> win98 bootsector instead of loading it to ramdisk as hirens does)?

Take a look at msdos.sys - do *not* remove any of the X's at the end.
What message do you get? do you get a dos prompt? what are the attributes
of msdos.sys, and io.sys?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
From: Tony on
You're the same guy who said you couldn't install or *boot* from usb windows
xp right?

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

the realm of understandability

From: Pennywise on
Pennywise(a)DerryMaine.Gov wrote:

>find the program your looking for, you can CD to the ram disk
>and copy the program to the ram drive

Ment to say: copy to the Pen drive.
--

Business names
http://fun.themangoblog.com/2008/11/25-totally-bizarre-shop-names.html
From: poster on
On Nov 25, 2:17 pm, Pennyw...(a)DerryMaine.Gov wrote:
> Pennyw...(a)DerryMaine.Gov wrote:
> >find the program your looking for, you can CD to the ram disk
> >and copy the program to the ram drive
>
> Ment to say: copy to the Pen drive.
> --
>
> Business nameshttp://fun.themangoblog.com/2008/11/25-totally-bizarre-shop-names.html
thanks for the input,
this is what i did
- formatted as FAT16 the 256 MB flash with right click /format in XP
then with -HP drive key boot utility, made it dos bootable pointing
the software to a system files from a win98 boot floppy (previously
prepared in win98 PC)
-unpacked mini98 to windows folder on usb and put
device=c:\windows\himem.sys
device=c:\windows\emm386.exe ram
device=c:\windows\ifshlp.sys
in config.sys on usb root folder
-now seting bios to usb, boots to dos (I get c:\ prompt)

How can I start mini98?
(just typing win.com appears to start windows but then unfortunately
puts me back to c:\)
thanks in advance