From: John on

We can't figure out how or where to set basic defaults that our new IIS7 Web
sites will inherit, such as connection timeout values and http custom error
pointers.

In IIS6 this was easy by right-clicking in tree object "Web Sites" which
allowed for lots of default setting possibilities.

How do set defaults for IIS7?

From: Ken Schaefer on
You can set this in applicationHost.config file. Individual websites will
inherit that setting unless it is over-written in web.config for that site

Cheers
Ken

--
http://adOpenStatic.com/blog