From: Sandroid on
Hi

I developed an Access 2007 db to a client. Now I want to make a year
based licence for that database that the client must pay if they want
to continue using the database after year. It must be so that database
cannot be used after this date. How I can accomplish this? Thanks!
From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:14:17 -0700 (PDT), Sandroid
<santeri.virtanen(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I developed an Access 2007 db to a client. Now I want to make a year
>based licence for that database that the client must pay if they want
>to continue using the database after year. It must be so that database
>cannot be used after this date. How I can accomplish this? Thanks!

Tony Toews has given this issue a lot or thought:

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/demo.htm

Do note that as a desktop application, pretty much any database can be hacked
if the client is sufficiently expert, skilled, and determined (or rich enough
to hire someone sufficiently expert and skilled).
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:25:31 -0600, John W. Vinson
<jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:

And that expert be sufficiently sleezy to take the job.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:14:17 -0700 (PDT), Sandroid
><santeri.virtanen(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I developed an Access 2007 db to a client. Now I want to make a year
>>based licence for that database that the client must pay if they want
>>to continue using the database after year. It must be so that database
>>cannot be used after this date. How I can accomplish this? Thanks!
>
>Tony Toews has given this issue a lot or thought:
>
>http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/demo.htm
>
>Do note that as a desktop application, pretty much any database can be hacked
>if the client is sufficiently expert, skilled, and determined (or rich enough
>to hire someone sufficiently expert and skilled).

Pages: 1
Prev: A menu question
Next: search command