From: jamesromeongmail.com on
I switched monitors on my SUSE 9.2 machine to a lower-resolution
Viewsonic VA2012wb, which is not listed as a choice in sax2. It has a
native 1680 x 1050 resolution, which is not one of the VEGA settings.
I have a GeForce GTX285 graphics card, and the NVidia drivers are
installed.

How do I get the native resolution of my monitor?

Thanks a bunch,
Jim Rome
From: jamm on
jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

> I switched monitors on my SUSE 9.2 machine to a lower-resolution
> Viewsonic VA2012wb, which is not listed as a choice in sax2. It has a
> native 1680 x 1050 resolution, which is not one of the VEGA settings.
> I have a GeForce GTX285 graphics card, and the NVidia drivers are
> installed.
>
> How do I get the native resolution of my monitor?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
> Jim Rome

hmm first try nvidia-settings.

If that won't work, well suse 9.2 is pretty old. You should still have an
xorg.conf to edit. Study the display resolution sections in there. You
should be able to add a new section that has the resolution you want.

HTH
From: jamesromeongmail.com on
On Mar 11, 7:33 pm, jamm <nos...(a)nomail.net> wrote:

> If that won't work, well suse 9.2 is pretty old. You should still have an
> xorg.conf to edit. Study the display resolution sections in there. You
> should be able to add a new section that has the resolution you want.
>
> HTH

Oops typo. I have 11.2.
From: noi ance on
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 07:28:24 -0800, jamesromeongmail.com typed this
message:

> On Mar 11, 7:33 pm, jamm <nos...(a)nomail.net> wrote:
>
>> If that won't work, well suse 9.2 is pretty old. You should still have
>> an xorg.conf to edit. Study the display resolution sections in there.
>> You should be able to add a new section that has the resolution you
>> want.
>>
>> HTH
>
> Oops typo. I have 11.2.

That should make it easier. As resort you might be able to
=> diff /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf~ { or /etc/X11/
xorg.sax2save }

to obtain the 1680x1050 mode lines to install in the current xorg.conf.

Can't remember if nvidia-settings allow you to set the default mode.

Also, in my monitor section I code
Option "PreferredMode" "1680x1050"
From: jamesromeongmail.com on
On Mar 12, 1:04 pm, noi ance <n...(a)siam.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 07:28:24 -0800, jamesromeongmail.com typed this
> message:
>
> > On Mar 11, 7:33 pm, jamm <nos...(a)nomail.net> wrote:
>
> >> If that won't work, well suse 9.2 is pretty old. You should still have
> >> an xorg.conf to edit. Study the display resolution sections in there.
> >> You should be able to add a new section that has the resolution you
> >> want.
>
> >> HTH
>
> > Oops typo. I have 11.2.
>
> That should make it easier.   As resort you might be able to
> =>  diff /etc/X11/xorg.conf  /etc/X11/xorg.conf~  { or /etc/X11/
> xorg.sax2save }
>
> to obtain the 1680x1050 mode lines to install in the current xorg.conf.
>
> Can't remember if nvidia-settings allow you to set the default mode.
>
> Also, in my monitor section I code
>  Option       "PreferredMode" "1680x1050"

Nothing is working. nvidia-settings X-server display settings has
640x480 as the display size with smaller options. This is also the
resolution listed in DFP-0.

The settings in xorg.conf do not seem to have any effect.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: USB Drive
Next: openSUSE 11.3