From: david on
hello i have the brother 6800 connected to my 32 bit vista laptop but
i would like to share that printer with my new 64 bit window 7 laptop.
both laptop share internet through a router. how do i go about doing
that? i was able to find the printer in the network but it failed to
connect. is print server my only option? thanks in advance
From: david on
thanks i already tried that it didn't work. however, when i upgraded
all pc into windows 7 i can network the printer to all pcs without
problem

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:50:16 -0600, Joel <joel(a)nospam.com> wrote:

>david <dd(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> hello i have the brother 6800 connected to my 32 bit vista laptop but
>> i would like to share that printer with my new 64 bit window 7 laptop.
>> both laptop share internet through a router. how do i go about doing
>> that? i was able to find the printer in the network but it failed to
>> connect. is print server my only option? thanks in advance
>
> I don't have Win 7, but I have no problem sharing all laser, inkjet
>printers and scanner to all desktops and laptops (vie wireless) those are
>running Vista. This is all I have to do.
>
>1. Installing the printer driver to the system the printer connected to,
>then configure it to be SHARED
>
>2. Installing the printer driver to ALL systems you want to use the printer.
>Configure (looking) the printer that it's connected through Network.
>
> That's it! when you have those stepos above done then you can print from
>any room around the house you want.

Pages: 1
Prev: HP Update problem
Next: Brady Label Printer 2461.