From: Steve Roscio on
G'day -

I'd like to submit a small utility to CPAN (like those found in
perlutil) It's not a module. How do I package it for upload?
Do I make a dummy module for it, holding just a shebang and the POD?

Thanx,
- Steve
From: sreservoir on
On 6/21/2010 11:34 AM, Steve Roscio wrote:
> G'day -
>
> I'd like to submit a small utility to CPAN (like those found in
> perlutil) It's not a module. How do I package it for upload?
> Do I make a dummy module for it, holding just a shebang and the POD?

I _think_ PPT is just using a dummy module. but don't quote me on that.

perhaps install it in a sandbox and see what it does.

--

"Six by nine. Forty two."
"That's it. That's all there is."
From: Chris Nehren on
On 2010-06-21, Steve Roscio scribbled these curious markings:
> G'day -
>
> I'd like to submit a small utility to CPAN (like those found in
> perlutil) It's not a module. How do I package it for upload?

The practice these days is to put it in the App:: namespace. See e.g.
ack and cpanm.

> Do I make a dummy module for it, holding just a shebang and the POD?

Modules don't have shebang lines.

--
Thanks and best regards,
Chris Nehren