From: Peter Nabbefeld on
Hello!

Having problems with auto-resizing of html pages, resulting in misbehaviour
of my javascript routines. Is it possible to switch display to a fixed size
and fixed resolution, as usual with desktops?

Kind regards

Peter Nabbefeld

From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" on
"Peter Nabbefeld" <nabbefeld(a)dvberatung.com> wrote in

> Hello!
>
> Having problems with auto-resizing of html pages, resulting in
> misbehaviour of my javascript routines. Is it possible to switch
> display to a fixed size and fixed resolution, as usual with desktops?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Peter Nabbefeld

what do you exactly mean? If you switch IE (or, most other WM browsers) to
"Desktop" mode, it assumes the screen to be of size either SVGA or XGA.
From: Beverly Howard on
You cannot build pages expecting winmobile to respond to java...

you have to detect winmobile and redirect to or generate pages that are
windows mobile compatible... winmobile has very limited java capabilities.

fwiw, the _BIGGEST PROBLEM ISSUE_ with pages accessed by winmobile
devices are pages WHICH TRY TO FORCE THE FORMAT OF THE PAGE using format
or WIDTH statements.

Think KISS... think simple html... and... frames are poison.

Beverly Howard