From: yesyes5 on
What do you need to do to have Excel look at one workbook and if there is
something in a cell to have it take the cell before it too show the name in
the other workbook? What I need to do is to take a list of names some goes
with one group and others to a different one. But the names are in one list.
So if it looks at the cells to the end of the names and it finds a X then it
will take that name in front of the X to the other worksheet, and followers
that all the way down the list. Can someone give me some ideas where to begin
to make this happen??
Thank you
From: Squeaky on
Hi Yesyes,

One way...
If you have 2 workbooks, the first with the list of names and the 2nd with
the list you want to pull out (those with an "x") you might try this:

Assuming the list of names is in Workbook1 (book1), spreadsheet 1 (sheet1),
column A, and the "x" is in column B, in the 2nd workbook put in, say, column

=if('[book1.xls]Sheet1'!b1="x",'[book1.xls]Sheet1'!a1,"")
Drag it down the same amount as the list on workbook 1.

You can then filter out the spaces.

Let me know if this helps.

Squeaky

"yesyes5" wrote:

> What do you need to do to have Excel look at one workbook and if there is
> something in a cell to have it take the cell before it too show the name in
> the other workbook? What I need to do is to take a list of names some goes
> with one group and others to a different one. But the names are in one list.
> So if it looks at the cells to the end of the names and it finds a X then it
> will take that name in front of the X to the other worksheet, and followers
> that all the way down the list. Can someone give me some ideas where to begin
> to make this happen??
> Thank you

Pages: 1
Prev: formato rtf excel