From: James King on
I have lots of compatible PC (Photocyan) and C (cyan) inks for my Canon
printer.
Both look very similar to my eyes.
How can I test/tell PC from C inks? James

From: Paul Heslop on
James King wrote:

> I have lots of compatible PC (Photocyan) and C (cyan) inks for my Canon
> printer.
> Both look very similar to my eyes.
> How can I test/tell PC from C inks? James

as far as I know the PC print fainter... but don't they have a
different number on them? I just looked on amazon at some and the
photo ones say PY etc where the others just say Y

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
From: DevilsPGD on
In message <TOCdnaVbk5pqnT3XnZ2dnUVZ_hGdnZ2d(a)swcp.com> "James King"
<machocraig(a)hotmail.com> was claimed to have wrote:

>I have lots of compatible PC (Photocyan) and C (cyan) inks for my Canon
>printer.
>Both look very similar to my eyes.
>How can I test/tell PC from C inks? James

I'd suggest using the labels on the packages.

http://www.usa.canon.com/app/images/supplies/BCI-6_8pack_HR_CL.jpg is an
example of a array of colours, the photo colours look somewhat
different, but it's not distinctive enough to describe.
From: firebird-jmw on
On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 10:47:33 -0700, DevilsPGD
<DeathToSpam(a)crazyhat.net> wrote:

>In message <TOCdnaVbk5pqnT3XnZ2dnUVZ_hGdnZ2d(a)swcp.com> "James King"
><machocraig(a)hotmail.com> was claimed to have wrote:
>
>>I have lots of compatible PC (Photocyan) and C (cyan) inks for my Canon
>>printer.
>>Both look very similar to my eyes.
>>How can I test/tell PC from C inks? James
>
>I'd suggest using the labels on the packages.
>
>http://www.usa.canon.com/app/images/supplies/BCI-6_8pack_HR_CL.jpg is an
>example of a array of colours, the photo colours look somewhat
>different, but it's not distinctive enough to describe.

Use (separate) Qtips to make a swath of each on a piece of paper. The
lighter color swath is PC, the darker color is Cyan.
From: Arthur Entlich on
They are very similar, in fact, in principle, they are the identical
"color". Photocyan is a dilute version of the darker cyan.

In general, photo colors are diluted to between 1/3rd and 1/4th dye
density to the darker one.

If you are looking at a nozzle check from the printer, usually the
nozzle display is in the same order as the cartridge and head positions
when they are displayed on paper.

If you have access to the manual, especially as a .pdf file, it often
will show you the colors in order and in color within it.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/