From: Mr. Magic on
I have a service (written by another group that won't change it) that will
be creating files but it takes a while to process those files. I have a
service that needs to access the file once the file has been written. How
can I tell when the file has been closed and they are done processing it?

TIA - Jeff.

From: Patrice on
Hello,

This is usually done by just opening the file in exclusive mode. If it
fails with an IOException, this is that another process already opened the
file (in which case you'll wait a bit before trying again).

You have also an API that allows to find out which process has a file opened
(or rather AFAIK what files are opened by each and every process) but is is
used mainly by system tools and likey overkill if you just want to know if
the file is locked or not...

--
Patrice