From: Goldar on
Help me remember please. I used to be able to quickly total a rance of cells
by simply highlighting them. The total would then appear in the fx box. I
can't seem to remember how do do this. I'm using Excell in Office 2003.

Thanks
From: Mike H on
Hi,

Select a cell directly under or to the side of the range and click the
auto-sum button (sigma) button
--
Mike

question.

From: Bob I on
Look below on the Status bar instead for the Sum.

From: Jim Thomlinson on
In the bottom right hand corner of XL (on the status bar) you will see NUM if
you have number lock turned on. 2 boxes to the left of that is the area where
you are thinking of. Right click on that box an dyou will get a list of
choices incuding Sum, Count, Max, ...

If you have an error such as #N/A or Div by zero in the highlighted area
then the totaling will not work.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson