From: sweetummy on

hi,
i want renew my old DB to New DB.. so i have started to update the
tables to minimize the effort to display queries without any errors..
so i have created a NEWDB but how to insert the old DB Information to
new information..
how to put all old DB to new DB according to the contents i have chose
please help...

please follow the link to download and suggest me to how to connect..
and utilize the old db..

http://sites.google.com/site/gsvfilms/Home/StudentData.rar?attredirects=0&d=1

thankyou,
From: Jeff Boyce on
I'm not willing to risk following links I'm not familiar with, but I do have
a possible approach for you...

If you open the new Access database, link to the tables in the old DB, and
use queries to 'load' the new DB's tables from the old, would that do what
you want?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: sweetummy on

hi jeff,
I have changed the structrure of the database so i want to put the old
db to new db..using the old data..
you can safely download it no pwd required..i have created a subform
to call the expenditure entries by particular student in the
database.. now to reinnovate i need to cross tab the present old
database.. I'm struck up there..
if you can see the structure of the database and the form i have
created you can understand...

thank you for replying me...
From: Jeff Boyce on
Please reconsider posting some of the details here in the newsgroup ...

From: sweetummy on
Hi,

The database belongs to voluntary organization - Higher education
grant for poor students the organization helps for their education. In
the mean time 5 years back one of my senior collegue designed a
database with some basic database knowledge..

About the database: According to their courses the tables are designed
for each course he created a new table to enter the data.. There are
nearly 10 different courses with the same fields using with mail merge
option we used to take prints and send them to field offices loacted
in their areas.. so we need to enter the details according to their
personal details and amount given to them according to their academic
year..
i have designed the reports how i need it.. but i have nearly 10
thousands of records in the file now i want to merge the whole data..

The main two drawbacks are
1. we are unable to extract the data what we want...
2. As the data is enormous we are unable to merge the whole data in
one table as their id are autonumbers and the same numbers are in
other tables also..
3. for each year we have to add the academic year and expenditure of
the present year other wise we cannot extract the record..

so i'm in great confusion to get the data properly..
if you can see the data and its structure of old and new and other
word documents given you can get a clear idea to explain back to me..

thank you once again..

bye..