From: VivekR on
Hi All,

I need to show a BALLOON tooltip for a check box in my MFC dialog. I
tried out the samples from MSDN, code project etc, but the tool tip
that appears is not of the BALLOON style. MSDN says that just adding
TTS_BALLOON to the flags is enough.

Remember i want the tool tip for a check box [or say any MFC control on
a MFc dialog], and NOT for an icon in the status bar.

Please help me with any information you might have regarding this.

Regards
VivekR

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Note the documentation says "Version 5.80". There is a possibility (and this is just
guessing on my part) that you might have an earlier version of the common controls.
joe

On 14 Mar 2005 06:00:18 -0800, "VivekR" <KenBase(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I need to show a BALLOON tooltip for a check box in my MFC dialog. I
>tried out the samples from MSDN, code project etc, but the tool tip
>that appears is not of the BALLOON style. MSDN says that just adding
>TTS_BALLOON to the flags is enough.
>
>Remember i want the tool tip for a check box [or say any MFC control on
>a MFc dialog], and NOT for an icon in the status bar.
>
>Please help me with any information you might have regarding this.
>
>Regards
>VivekR

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Dennis Kuhn on
From: VivekR on
Hi Joe,
I am using Windows XP-SP1, Visual C++ 7.1.
I use the 5.82.xx version of common controls.