From: listread on
Greetings PHP gurus!

Does anyone know of a way to use PHP to fill in the form fields in an
existing pdf document residing on the server?

We want the end result to be the creation of a unique pdf document for
each visitor which can either be emailed or stored in a directory on the
server.

We prefer to do this without any server side dependencies, other than
files residing on the website.

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Ron
From: nagendra prasad on
I am not sure if this works for your project but you can first ask user to
fill the form in PHP and then convert it into PDF. What say?
From: listread on
Yes, we can first ask the user to fill in a form, but then comes the
part I don't understand - how to covert it to pdf.

It would be best if we could just fill in the fields on an existing
form, but it would also work to print the printer friendly form to the
server's printer queue, which could really be a postscript file we could
then convert to pdf. In that case, I need to learn how to get PHP to
print to the server's printer...

- Ron

From: Kesavan Rengarajan on
Search for pdflib or fpdf. They help you with generating PDF files
from a php script.

Sent from my iPhone

From: "Gary" on

"listread" <listread(a)cze.com> wrote in message
> Yes, we can first ask the user to fill in a form, but then comes the part
> I don't understand - how to covert it to pdf.
>
> It would be best if we could just fill in the fields on an existing form,
> but it would also work to print the printer friendly form to the server's
> printer queue, which could really be a postscript file we could then
> convert to pdf. In that case, I need to learn how to get PHP to print to
> the server's printer...
>
> - Ron
>
> On 5/1/2010 7:53 AM, nagendra prasad wrote:
>> I am not sure if this works for your project but you can first ask user
>> fill the form in PHP and then convert it into PDF. What say?

> signature database 5078 (20100501) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Ron

Take a peek at this

http://fpdf.org/

Writing to a pdf from php is very cumbersome, this seems to take some of the
sting out.

Gary

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5078 (20100501) __________

http://www.eset.com