From: bpsdgnews on
Hi,

In my old VB6 program I am controlling the shutter of a Digital camera
through the serial port.

I only needed this line to open the shutter:

Open "COM1:9600,n,8,1,cd0,cs0,op0" For Random As #1

I am rewriting the program in vb.net (2010) and want to use the Serial
Port Component.

But I can't get it to work.

All the hardware is okay, since from the VB6 program it still works.

Any suggestions?

Bas.

From: bpsdgnews on
On 29 mei, 22:23, bpsdgnews <dippi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my old VB6 program I am controlling the shutter of a Digital camera
> through the serial port.
>
> I only needed this line to open the shutter:
>
> Open "COM1:9600,n,8,1,cd0,cs0,op0" For Random As #1
>
> I am rewriting the program in vb.net (2010) and want to use the Serial
> Port Component.
>
> But I can't get it to work.
>
> All the hardware is okay, since from the VB6 program it still works.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Bas.

This was so easy in VB6.

I am searching for days already to do it in VB.net. So frustrating.
From: Armin Zingler on
Am 31.05.2010 20:57, schrieb bpsdgnews:
> On 29 mei, 22:23, bpsdgnews <dippi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In my old VB6 program I am controlling the shutter of a Digital camera
>> through the serial port.
>>
>> I only needed this line to open the shutter:
>>
>> Open "COM1:9600,n,8,1,cd0,cs0,op0" For Random As #1
>>
>> I am rewriting the program in vb.net (2010) and want to use the Serial
>> Port Component.
>>
>> But I can't get it to work.

Why can't you get it to work? Not compilable? Exception? Unexpected
behavior? What do the values in "COM1:9600,n,8,1,cd0,cs0,op0" mean?

--
Armin