From: Peter Olcott on
Can I simply specify the UTF-16 string and the glyphs will
display correctly, if the selected font has those glyphs
defined?

From: Mihai N. on
> Can I simply specify the UTF-16 string and the glyphs will
> display correctly, if the selected font has those glyphs
> defined?

Yes.

Ok, there are limitations in the support offered for some scripts,
the quality of the output (don't expect very advanced OpenType
features, etc.), but the short answer is yes.

In fact, even if the font does not have the glyphs you want,
the system will work hard to give you something and in most
cases succeeds.

--
Mihai Nita [Microsoft MVP, Visual C++]
http://www.mihai-nita.net