From: Paige Miller on
On Feb 15, 1:19 pm, "DH" <sheehan...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I very much a newbie with SAS.

Except the issue of where and what these tables are would come up
regardless of the programming language you are using. This is not a
SAS question.

> The tables are SAS Data Sets.
> The are located on a SAMBA mounted shared drive (F:\OIRRPTS\zSASdata\)
> While SAS 9.1 for windows is located on the hard drive (C:\Program
> Files\SAS)
>
> On the SAMBA shared drive, there are 40 some folders that contain
> grouped data.
> One of those folders is ENROLLED (F:\OIRRPTS\zSASdata\ENROLLED).
>
> Another folder could be COURSES(F:\OIRRPTS\zSASdata\COURSES).
>
> In each folder, there can be hundreds of SAS data sets (F:\OIRRPTS
> \zSASdata\COURSES\crsF1001.sas7bdat, .\crsF1007.sas7bdat, .
> \crsF1403.sas7bdat, etc. not necessarily sequential)

PROC DATASETS will tell you all the names of the SAS data sets in a
given folder and store them in another SAS data set. For example,
create a data set named members which contains the names of all SAS
data sets in a directory:

libname temp 'f:\oirrpts\zSASdata\courses';
ods output members=members;
proc datasets library=temp nolist;
contents data=_all_ nods;
run;
quit;

From: DH on

> Except the issue of where and what these tables are would come up
> regardless of the programming language you are using. This is not a
> SAS question.

Thanks anyway, I appreciate your input.

> PROC DATASETS will tell you all the names of the SAS data sets in a
> given folder and store them in another SAS data set. For example,
> create a data set named members which contains the names of all SAS
> data sets in a directory:
>
> libname temp 'f:\oirrpts\zSASdata\courses';
> ods output members=members;
> proc datasets library=temp nolist;
> contents data=_all_ nods;
> run;
> quit;

I will see if I can do anything with the members file and macros like
you suggested.

Thanks, Richard