From: Jaycee on
I'm in the process of a 2003 to 2007 migration. I currently have an
"Internet Mail" connector in 2003 with all the 2003 bridgehead servers
listed. In Exchange 2007 I can view the "Internet Mail" connector but when
I try to add the Hub Transport servers it tells me:

Some controls are not valid:
- Source server "HT01" is not from the connector's source routing group.

If I cannot add these to the "Internet Mail" connector then what is the
appropriate way to configure the send connectors when running in a 2003/2007
environment?

I also did some testing and sent a message from the Hub Transport to and
external email address. Upon review of the message the header I noticed
that it was sent off to the remote domain via one of the the 2003 bridgehead
servers and not one of the Hub Transport servers. This would make sense
since the Hub Transports are not part of any send connector.

I do not have any Exchange Edge Transport servers but I do have an email
gateway that I want to configure the hub transport servers with.

Thanks!

From: Bharat Suneja [MSFT] on
Message Routing in a Coexistence Environment --> Route Selection in a
Coexistence Environment
Bharat Suneja
Microsoft Corporation
blog: exchangepedia.com/blog

rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.