From: Shaun on
We have a public folder structure on Exchange 2007 SP1 that up until a few
days ago we were administrating with PFDavAdmin (ver.2.8). The public
folders are held on a two node SCC mailbox cluster. We applied Rollup 5 to
both nodes (and to the other servers in our infrastructure (HTs CAs etc) and
since then we get an error when connecting to the public folder element of
PFDavAdmin (the mailbox bit bizarrely still works) which says :

An error occured while trying to establish a connection to the exchange
server. Be sure that port 443 (for SSL) or port 80 (for non-SSL) can be
reached. If you are connecting to public folders, be sure the public store
is mounted. If you are connecting to mailboxes and the progress bar shows a
particular mailbox, be sure that user has at least one email address.

Exception: Failed to connect using secure URL
https://ourservercluster/exadmin/admin/admin/ourorganisation/public%20folders
with error: the underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the
remote server. Failed to connect using unsecure url
http://ourserver/ex-admin/admin/ourorganisation/public%20folders/ with error:
The remote server returned an error : (503) Server Unavailable.

If I attempt to browse the 'public' site in IIS I get the same 503 error.
One suggestion I've seen on these boards is to try connecting to an
individual mailbox and specifying public but this didn't work, another that
permitting Webdav on IIS will resolve it (but if this wasn't permitted before
the updates why would that be required now?).

It's worth noting that the public folder structure appears on the surface to
be working, it is mounted in EMC and is accesable via Outlook

Also worth noting is the issue is coincidental with the update rollups being
applied but may or may not be the root cause.

Any help at this stage would be appreciated......
From: JSC on
Don't really know what would cause this error, but I also use PFDAVADMIN from
time to time to manage public folders on out Exchange 2007 enviroment.

It, however, is working on our mailbox cluster, and we have Rollup 5
installed as well.

From: Shaun on
That's good to know, thanks, at least it rules out rollup 5 as the cause.
Just as a matter of interest, when you installed five was it over the top of
four or did you remove four then install five?

From: Andy David {MVP} on
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 07:06:01 -0800, Shaun
<Shaun(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>That's good to know, thanks, at least it rules out rollup 5 as the cause.
>Just as a matter of interest, when you installed five was it over the top of
>four or did you remove four then install five?

THere is no need to remove a previous public roll-up before installing
the next one.

From: JSC on
Yeah, we installed it over top of 4. I tried various things today with
PFDAVADMIN and everything works normally with our enviorment. Good luck.