From: ToddAndMargo on
Hi All,

Host: CentOS 5.4 X64
Guest: Windows Server 2008 R2 x32 (WS08) (A.K.A. Vista Server)
Virtual Box: 3.1.6
Virtual Box Guest Additions: 3.1.6

I just upgraded my server from a Core2Duo version of a Xeon to a X5750.
I went from two cores to twelve. I upped the guest from 2 cores to 8.
Problem: WS08 is no faster. Is there some tweaking I can do? I would
appreciate any advice on this subject.

The main CPU usage seems to be when users log on (at the part
where it states "configuring desktop). Is there a way to speed
up the desktop at logon?

Many thanks,
-T
From: ToddAndMargo on
On 05/03/2010 02:29 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Host: CentOS 5.4 X64
> Guest: Windows Server 2008 R2 x32 (WS08) (A.K.A. Vista Server)
> Virtual Box: 3.1.6
> Virtual Box Guest Additions: 3.1.6
>
> I just upgraded my server from a Core2Duo version of a Xeon to a X5750.
> I went from two cores to twelve. I upped the guest from 2 cores to 8.
> Problem: WS08 is no faster. Is there some tweaking I can do? I would
> appreciate any advice on this subject.
>
> The main CPU usage seems to be when users log on (at the part
> where it states "configuring desktop). Is there a way to speed
> up the desktop at logon?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Oops, that should be 2008 SP2 X86