From: bob on
Hi ,
Window Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition. 4 Core Intel processor 8 Gig
RAM.

HyperV set up with a Win2003 Server Virtual machine running inside.
Intermittant BSOD's when virtual machine is active.

I have removed the unused SCSI device from the virtual machine as this
has been mentioned as a possible cause of problems.
Any thoughts on what else could be causing this?

Has anybody out there deployed Hyper V in a production environment
with out BSOD's
thanks
Bob
From: jaajog on
Which one is BSODing, host or the virtual machine? Have you installed hyperv
integration services in the VM?
I can assure you that there are a lot of working production Hyper-V
deployments.

From: bob on
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I accidentally started two threads on this in the newsgroup so my
apologies to all for double posting.
I am an absolute learner with HyperV.
All I did was enable the service then build the virtual machine.
It is the host that is BSODing.
The integration services are required?
thanks
Bob

From: jaajog on
Hi,

I found your other thread also, maybe the hotfix mentioned there will help
you. Btw you can disable automatic restart on BSOD by pressing F8 on Windows
startup and choosing that option, then you can see what the error message is.
Integration services probably will not help with host restarts, but are
necessary for VMs for faster communication with host hardware.