From: chuckie on
I am trying to insert a 'hyperlink' into a spreadsheet. The URL I'm using
is: http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_code=us and I would like Excel to
add the contents of the cell to the URL. This is for tracking purposes in
FedEx, and I would like to send our customer a spreadsheet wherein they could
click on the tracking number (the contents of the cell in question) and view
the tracking information. Using the formula;
=hyperlink("http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_code=us,j1) simply puts you
at the FedEx tracking screen and the tracking number isn't added to the
equation. Anybody know of any way to get the formula to add the tracking
number to the Url?
--
chuck
From: Dave Peterson on
J1 contains the tracking number?
=hyperlink("http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_code=us,"&j1,"click me")

The formula you posted wasn't correct in a couple of different ways. I'm not
sure what you really tried in your worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Eduardo on
Hi,
URL is in cell A10 and trucking number in A11

=A10&","&A11

then copy the above result as value

From: Luke M on
If the tracking number is in cell A2, could do:
=HYPERLINK("http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_code=us"&J1,J1)

Check your other post to see other ways of concatenating url's w/ the
tracking numbers.
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&query=chuckie&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&p=1&tid=fdc67c6c-72fb-4cc8-aadf-d92f3273cc1f
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

From: chuckie on
Eduardo:

This works only if preceeded by the '=hyperlink' formula, copy/save value
removes the hyperlink (clickable) quality, thereby rendering it useless. I
will try it and 'hide' the other columns. Thank you for the reply...
--
chuck