From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
[This is an HTML post]

You mean like this?
--
~PA Bear

From: Tim Slattery on
"S1L1Y1" <s1l1y1(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>I want to post a comment on a discussion group website and I want to add a
>link to a website for further research.

Again, it depends on the "discussion group website". This group, for
example, is a Usenet newsgroup, not a web site. Most people (I think)
access it with a newsreader. Newsreaders, like email clients,
recognize URLs in posts, and turn them into hyperlinks automatically.
The poster doesn't have to do anything.

If you're talking about a web forum of some kind, you'll have to look
at the rules for that forum. AFAIK, there are no standards in that
world.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T(a)bls.gov