From: Cine on
Hello,

Im new to queries and i'm trying to pull off a seemingly tricky one.

Somehow I need to 'merge' or 'combine' the two queries below into one:

[CODE]SELECT TopicName, Duration
FROM tblTopics
WHERE (TopicCode IN (@TopicCode1, @TopicCode2)) [/CODE]

[CODE]SELECT DateStarted, DateToEnd
FROM tblSubscriptions
WHERE (UserID = @UserID) AND (TopicCode IN (@TopicCode1, @TopicCode2))
[/CODE]

At first glance I thought this was impossible to do but it's worth a try
posting on a forum where people know alot more than me on the subject :)

Any ideas?

From: vanderghast on
[CODE]
SELECT t.TopicName, t.Duration, s.DateStarted, s.DateToEnd
FROM tblTopics AS t INNER JOIN tblSubscriptions AS s
ON t.topicCode = s.topicCode
WHERE t.topicCode IN( @topicCode1, @topicCode2)
AND s.UserID = @userID
[/CODE]

should do, assuming that topicCode is unique in either tblTopics, either in
tblSubscriptions. If it is not unique in BOTH tables, say it appears twice
in each table, then you will get four records, in the result, one for each
possible (here unrestricted) match.

Vanderghast, Access MVP