From: Newsgroups on
After several months where it was NOT my highest priority, I think that I
have (finally) figured out how to relatively easily get to a newsreader that
I am "happy" with - from my Windows 7 system.

I still have some problems that I may post in the future, but I hope to
check in medium often.

I do not think that I will be going back thru all the threads since I last
"visited". However, if there are any Standards or (IBM) mainframe threads
that any of you think were not completely answered without me, please direct
me to them (either tell me their subject line - or post a reply asking for
my input).

Just to bring you up to day, I am fine (health and otherwise) - but I am
moving ALMOST as slowly as:

- progress on the next COBOL Standard

- Progress on the next "pre-release" of OpenCOBOL

- Progress on a fully '85 Standard conforming release of zCOBOL

From: Newsgroups on
IT looks like I don't have this set to tell who "I" am. This note was from
Bill Klein

(I'll see if I can fix this)

From: Alistair Maclean on
On May 30, 11:12 am, "Newsgroups" <wmkl...(a)noreply.ix.netcom.com>
wrote:
> IT looks like I don't have this set to tell who "I" am.  This note was from
>    Bill Klein
>
> (I'll see if I can fix this)"Newsgroups" <wmkl...(a)noreply.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> > After several months where it was NOT my highest priority, I think that I
> > have (finally) figured out how to relatively easily get to a newsreader
> > that I am "happy" with - from my Windows 7 system.
>
> > I still have some problems that I may post in the future, but I hope to
> > check in medium often.
>
> > I do not think that I will be going back thru all the threads since I last
> > "visited". However, if there are any Standards or (IBM) mainframe threads
> > that any of you think were not completely answered without me, please
> > direct me to them (either tell me their subject line - or post a reply
> > asking for my input).
>
> > Just to bring you up to day, I am fine (health and otherwise) - but I am
> > moving ALMOST as slowly as:
>
> > - progress on the next COBOL Standard
>
> > - Progress on the next "pre-release" of OpenCOBOL
>
> > - Progress on a fully '85 Standard conforming release of zCOBOL- Hide quoted text -

Speaking for the group: it is good to hear from you again. Welcome
back.
From: Anonymous on
In article <zSqMn.171689$ot7.134558(a)en-nntp-16.dc1.easynews.com>,
Newsgroups <wmklein(a)noreply.ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>IT looks like I don't have this set to tell who "I" am. This note was from
> Bill Klein

If it *is* you, Mr Klein, it causes pleasure to see your posting again.
If it is not you - 'on the Internet nobody knows you're not Mr Klein' -
then whoever you are you should be aware of Mr Klein's wit, generosity,
greatness of spirit and tendency to distribute Krugerrands by the sackful.

DD
From: SkippyPB on
On Sun, 30 May 2010 04:54:06 -0700 (PDT), Alistair Maclean
<alistair.j.l.maclean(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

>On May 30, 11:12�am, "Newsgroups" <wmkl...(a)noreply.ix.netcom.com>
>wrote:
>> IT looks like I don't have this set to tell who "I" am. �This note was from
>> � �Bill Klein
>>
>> (I'll see if I can fix this)"Newsgroups" <wmkl...(a)noreply.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

>> > After several months where it was NOT my highest priority, I think that I
>> > have (finally) figured out how to relatively easily get to a newsreader
>> > that I am "happy" with - from my Windows 7 system.
>>
>> > I still have some problems that I may post in the future, but I hope to
>> > check in medium often.
>>
>> > I do not think that I will be going back thru all the threads since I last
>> > "visited". However, if there are any Standards or (IBM) mainframe threads
>> > that any of you think were not completely answered without me, please
>> > direct me to them (either tell me their subject line - or post a reply
>> > asking for my input).
>>
>> > Just to bring you up to day, I am fine (health and otherwise) - but I am
>> > moving ALMOST as slowly as:
>>
>> > - progress on the next COBOL Standard
>>
>> > - Progress on the next "pre-release" of OpenCOBOL
>>
>> > - Progress on a fully '85 Standard conforming release of zCOBOL- Hide quoted text -

>Speaking for the group: it is good to hear from you again. Welcome
>back.

Ditto.

--

////
(o o)

"It's not getting any smarter out there, people. You have to come to
terms with stupidity and make it work for you."
-- Frank Zappa

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve
 |  Next  |  Last