|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Commas, et al (qs: amount in words in cobol any built in function
Given that commas (and semi-colons) EXCEPT within literals and picture-strings, have ZERO meaning in COBOL, I love doing examples of "valid" (but USELESS) code, e.g 01, aField Pic X Value; Zero,. ... Move; Whatever, of This to, something; of; something-else;. A few vendors do have "extensions" where a co... 13 Aug 2010 20:08
grep'ing CoBOL source
Gentle CLC'ers, I got a couple of puzzles to work on, one technical and the other one business/career like, and I'm pretty sure at least Richard will sign on to the technical and everybody can chime in on the career/tactical one. Goes like this... My shop (about 20-25 developers, and another 20-25 business ... 13 Aug 2010 12:28
Cobol is Dead
Despite Pete frequently proclaiming the death of Cobol someone out there is in search of a trainer. Unfortunately, for me, it is the wrong kind of Cobol: http://www.cwjobs.co.uk/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?jobid=48202373 ... 13 Aug 2010 10:17
persisting Object Refences in COBOL
I recently wrote a COBOL .DLL that is designed to remain resident and be shared. It is written in compliance with the rules for Dynamic Program Linkage in a Fujistu environment. Basically, this means you provide an Entry file which equates entry points with .dlls and the COBOL RTS then uses this file to determ... 13 Aug 2010 02:45
Line ASequential - FIXED LENGTH
Pete Dashwood wrote: James Gavan wrote: Howard Brazee wrote: There are some compilers that allow modification of these rules. (Vax, for one). OK Howard - again one of your one-liners. Just how relevant do you think your information was to somebody 'New to COBOL' ? It's a perf... 13 Aug 2010 12:28
RosettaCode
G'day everyone. I'm a list-lurker. Well, not entirely. I have built open-cobol 1.1 on MingGW and Cygwin quite recently and have attempted to reacquaint myself with COBOL. It's been about 20 years since I did anything serious with the language. Aa-a-anyway, I've been responding to some of the programming tas... 10 Aug 2010 12:27
amount in words in cobol any built in function
hi, I hhave started my programming in cobol and i'm 3 weeks old.I would like to know that is there any built in function to convert amount in number to words eg:345 as three hundred and forty five.... ... 13 Aug 2010 17:56
New to COBOL
The book I am using for my class is "COBOL: From Micro to Mainframe (3rd Edition)." A lot of people didn't seem to like the book according to the Amazon.com review. What is the difference between A margin and B margin? Here is an example of some code: FD STUDENT-FILE RECORD CONTAINS 43 CHARACTERS D... 10 Aug 2010 12:27
crime and punishment
Pete Dashwood wrote: During the last few hundred years the criminal justice system has made major advances, but there are still criminals and much remains to be done. How we deal with crime reflects on all of us and it isn't just the criminals who need to examine their attitude. Society as a whole has... 5 Aug 2010 23:33
Correction
HeyBub wrote: Pete Dashwood wrote: And another "The True Believer" by Eric Hoffer. Not come across that. Hoffer postulated that "groups" - whether Nazis, Communists, fundamentalist religions, or whatnot - nevertheless have traits in common that can be studied. This is a small book, ... 4 Aug 2010 23:26
Insidious Facebook
James Gavan wrote: ****** Here's another interesting one in the technology category. Any comments from 'Yew Awl' in the biggest State ? Recall how 'difficult' it is to trace who is responsible for spamming and the goddamned hackers and their viruses. About the time the Winter Olympics started in... 11 Aug 2010 20:13
New to COBOL
Yes, believe it or not they still teach COBOL at my school. I am totally lost in my class and have no idea what anything is or how COBOL is structured. The book we are using is terrible at explaining to a beginner how to program. If anyone can point me in the right direction in learning COBOL it would be greatl... 2 Aug 2010 16:57
Oops! correction WAS: Re: OOPS! PowerCOBOL batch compiles
Pete Dashwood wrote: HeyBub wrote: Pete Dashwood wrote: I have a client who has a fairly major application written as a series of PowerCOBOL projects. Building this for new releases is a maor undertaking and each project has to be activated (compiled and built) by hand. I have... 5 Aug 2010 11:18
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11