First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
and possibly offensive to sensitive souls - don't read this if you are offended by language. WAS: Re: Anyone feeling poetic?
SkippyPB wrote: It's from the book "Isaac Asimov's Lecherous Limericks," a collection of his naughtier nods. He said when he composed the above, it was the epitome, could never be improved upon, and never wrote another. I thought that Issac Asimov was a "she". Hardly. He passed a... 8 Jul 2010 13:36
RM COBOL with ISAM files
I am led to believe that RM ISAM files are the same format and compatible with, Fujitsu ISAM. I don't have any to try out but I'd like to know if anybody is in a position to confirm or deny this? Also, if anybody is using RM COBOL can you tell me what your overall impression of it is, and what COBOL standar... 14 Jul 2010 12:03
Anyone feeling poetic?
Pete Dashwood wrote: I have just finished writing code into the Bravado web site so that people can enter the annual Poetry competition on-line. It was a lot of fun, as I inherited the site and have just finished enhancing and upgrading it. Writing CGI code in C# that handles forms, validates them, up... 2 Jul 2010 09:04
MF COBOL 3.1 work wanted
I write code using the last version of MicroFocus COBOL (3.1) that produces ..EXEs that do not need the MicroFocus run-time "for fee" support package. I'm old, I'm honest, and I'm good... TIA, Paul ... 28 Jun 2010 13:55
Mainframe Express Drag and Drop S0D3 abends after z/OS maintenance
COBOL is the main language used with MFE so I hope this isn't too far off topic. We started getting S0D3 abends trying to download files from z/OS to the workbench. By coincidence the MFASERV mainframe started task/long running job started getting those after ESO, HIPER and Pervasive maintenance fixes were appli... 29 Jun 2010 22:53
offensive emails
Alistair wrote: On Jun 25, 5:40 pm, "Pete Dashwood" <dashw...(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote: Alistair wrote: There are limits to free speech. Not for me. There we have to differ. I see it as sacrosanct. As long as speech is free and it is safe for people to speak their minds, w... 29 Jun 2010 10:43
(Usual) request to change subject - for "thread drift"
I know that I was "gone" for several months, but this is my usual request that posters try to remember to CHANGE the subject line when they start (or continue) a "thread drift". ESPECIALLY, when it goes from "on-topic" (e.g. COBOL routine to get file information) to OFF-topic (e.g. racism, psychology, etc) S... 25 Jun 2010 13:10
Routine to display Information about input file
Hi Does any body know how a routine in cobol that will display the information of the input/ outpout file, for example if my input file is A then it will display information like creation date, number of records etc. Thanks ... 1 Jul 2010 11:04
Readibility of code was Re: Functional Programming book review
On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:54:12 -0400, Michael Wojcik <mwojcik(a)newsguy.com> wrote: much snipped Frens does make a couple of good points: few people are claiming that functional approaches are going to "take over", and functional features get added to imperative languages because a significant number of d... 10 Jun 2010 14:31
Functional Programming book review
On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:54:12 -0400, Michael Wojcik <mwojcik(a)newsguy.com> wrote: [1] I've done some significant research into source code readability, particularly the history of attempts to make source code more readable for maintainers (see previous posts about my 2009 ATTW presentation), and I strongly sus... 18 Jun 2010 11:18
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13