First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Changing a scripts parm value
Hello, I have a Windows XP script called abc.cmd running in a CMD window containing: cls call stepp01 %1 %2 %3 %4 call drumaprep call drumb %2 call drumc %1 %3 %4 ...etc It is called by running: c:\>abc clna cpybk01 vsam 24 Upon invocation abc assigns the four parm values to %1 %2 %3 %4. Stepp01 i... 2 Feb 2010 14:46
Help me identify a Cobol database
Need to identify some database files used by a PC COBOL program written in the mid-90's. The extensions are .DB and .IDX. Given the date, language and OS, are there any candidates you can think of? I can send a sample of the files if that would help. Thanks, Jim ... 5 Feb 2010 13:55
ANN: IBM COBOL Enterprise tools for Eclipse RDz
Semantic Designs is pleased to announce the availability of a variety of specific tools for analyzing IBM Enterprise COBOL (and JCL), complete with GUI integration of each into the IBM RDz Eclipse environment. The tools include: * Source Code Search Engine for large software systems. Lightning... 2 Feb 2010 14:45
Migration from MicroFocus to Fujitsu
We're looking into the feasibility of migrating from MicroFocus to Fujitsu Cobol. Has anyone done that? Is it possible? Difficult? Simple? Know of any posts or documents to assist with research on this? Thanks ... 2 Feb 2010 14:45
Can Someone please help me with my Computer stuff? 64538
I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need I willo just go t... 3 Feb 2010 09:25
They said it couldn't be done.
Here's a couple of intellectual exercises if anyone is bored or wants to think about something else for a break... Two problems relating to COBOL... (Assume Fujitsu NetCOBOL for both solutions, or whatever version of COBOL you use if you can solve them with your current compiler.) 1. Imagine you have a coup... 13 Feb 2010 13:46
I must be getting old...
I guess it is just a consequence of age, but I sure have found myself far less tolerant of incompetence and foolishness lately. Like especially the last three or four months. :) At work, I find myself having to remind myself that the most people take forever to get to a point, or to see something that is rea... 26 Jan 2010 16:38
Learning Opportunity - Follow-up
You may recall I pointed out to a columnist the availability of "Soundex" techniques to discover terrorists by name. (See post "Learning Opportunity") Well, just today: "WASHINGTON (Reuters) � A senior counterterrorism official said on Wednesday his agency lacks "Google-like" search capability that could have... 22 Jan 2010 20:49
Are the foreign women prostitutes, evil, unfaithful, robbers etc
Hi, I wonder why the Bible claims that the non-Israelite women (the foreign) women are prostitutes, evil, unfaithful, crooked, evil, robbers etc. It is really very hurtful :( http://www.free-articles-zone.com/article/304390/The%20Foreigner%20woman%20in%20Bible%20versus%20Quran%20(1) http://www.free-articles-zon... 17 Jan 2010 20:36
People using Micro Focus
Does anybody use Micro Focus COBOL (any version, procedural or OO) to access COM or Automation server code, or even to write a COM compliant server module? If you do, there is a COBOL sample program below, written in Fujitsu OO NetCOBOL that I would be very interested to see "translated" to Micro Focus. It is a... 7 Feb 2010 01:04