From: Vivian on
We're looking into the feasibility of migrating from MicroFocus to
Fujitsu Cobol. Has anyone done that? Is it possible? Difficult?
Simple? Know of any posts or documents to assist with research on
this?

Thanks
From: me on
"Vivian" <vsaegesser(a)infogix.com> wrote in message
> We're looking into the feasibility of migrating from MicroFocus to
> Fujitsu Cobol. Has anyone done that? Is it possible? Difficult?
> Simple? Know of any posts or documents to assist with research on
> this?
>
> Thanks

William Klein has a COBOL FAQ at:

http://home.comcast.net/~wmklein/FAQ/COBOLFAQ.htm

Look at

13.6.12.3 Mf2Fsc

Mf2Fsc is a Micro Focus COBOL to Fujitsu COBOL converter.

It converts Micro Focus COBOL-85 to Fujitsu COBOL-85 and beautifies the
program at the same time.

A free prototype is available from their web site at:
http://www.siber.com/sct/

A commercial version will be available soon.

Hope this helps

From: Richard on
On Jan 30, 5:32 am, Vivian <vsaeges...(a)infogix.com> wrote:
> We're looking into the feasibility of migrating from MicroFocus to
> Fujitsu Cobol.  Has anyone done that?  Is it possible?  Difficult?
> Simple?  Know of any posts or documents to assist with research on
> this?

The major area that will be a problem is the user interface.
Microfocus ADIS gives many facilities that are hard to do in Fujitsu.
If your system is web-based or batch then there should be few issues.
If it is fully interactive console based with ADIS or Screen sections
then it may be impossible to get the same without a lot of reworking.
If it is GUI based with Windows API or SP/2 then it should be OK.

From: Vivian on
On Jan 29, 1:04 pm, "me" <m...(a)home.com> wrote:
> "Vivian" <vsaeges...(a)infogix.com> wrote in message

> > We're looking into the feasibility of migrating from MicroFocus to
> > Fujitsu Cobol.  Has anyone done that?  Is it possible?  Difficult?
> > Simple?  Know of any posts or documents to assist with research on
> > this?
>
> > Thanks
>
> William Klein has a COBOL FAQ at:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~wmklein/FAQ/COBOLFAQ.htm
>
> Look at
>
> 13.6.12.3 Mf2Fsc
>
> Mf2Fsc is a Micro Focus COBOL to Fujitsu COBOL converter.
>
> It converts Micro Focus COBOL-85 to Fujitsu COBOL-85 and beautifies the
> program at the same time.
>
> A free prototype is available from their web site at:http://www.siber.com/sct/
>
> A commercial version will be available soon.
>
> Hope this helps

Thanks, I'll check it out. I figured you would know :)
From: Vivian on
On Jan 29, 2:06 pm, Richard <rip...(a)Azonic.co.nz> wrote:
> On Jan 30, 5:32 am, Vivian <vsaeges...(a)infogix.com> wrote:
>
> > We're looking into the feasibility of migrating from MicroFocus to
> > Fujitsu Cobol.  Has anyone done that?  Is it possible?  Difficult?
> > Simple?  Know of any posts or documents to assist with research on
> > this?
>
> The major area that will be a problem is the user interface.
> Microfocus ADIS gives many facilities that are hard to do in Fujitsu.
> If your system is web-based or batch then there should be few issues.
> If it is fully interactive console based with ADIS or Screen sections
> then it may be impossible to get the same without a lot of reworking.
> If it is GUI based with Windows API or SP/2 then it should be OK.

It's just batch. My concerns actually are in replacing the MicroFocus
extensions, like the EXTFH. I'm not sure it's possible to do
something like that in Fujitsu.