From: Virgina Hernandez on
I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with my machine. Help please.

Virgina
ghtpl(a)yahoo.com
http://ipods-imacs.com

GMVOUs.jDtZLo&zlYHZdkV_&v
From: HeyBub on
Virgina Hernandez wrote:
> I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a
> whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an
> Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I
> would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune.
> Once I find out what I need I willo just go to ebay but I don't know
> what kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with my machine.
> Help please.

As I suggested on the home repair newsgroup, find a local 12-year old male.

From: SkippyPB on
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:29:12 -0600, "HeyBub" <heybub(a)NOSPAMgmail.com>
wrote:

>Virgina Hernandez wrote:
>> I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a
>> whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an
>> Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I
>> would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune.
>> Once I find out what I need I willo just go to ebay but I don't know
>> what kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with my machine.
>> Help please.
>>

>As I suggested on the home repair newsgroup, find a local 12-year old male.

Or 10 year old female...either one can easily get the job done.

Regards,
--
////
(o o)

"Every time I walk into a singles bar I can hear Mom's wise words:
"Don't pick that up, you don't know where it's been.""
-- Unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve
From: john on
On Jan 27, 7:29 pm, "HeyBub" <hey...(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> Virgina Hernandez wrote:
> > I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a
> > whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical.  I have an
> > Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A.  I would like to speed this computer up, I
> > would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune.
> > Once I find out what I need I willo just go to ebay but I don't know
> > what kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with my machine.
> > Help please.
>
> As I suggested on the home repair newsgroup, find a local 12-year old male.

Or I suggest you find a group that deals with computer hardware.
There is such a group for Linux users.

Start with Google groups, which is where I am right now.

http://groups.google.com/group

John Culleton CPP