First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Need to know of a good cobol compilier that runs in the Windows 64 OS
I just upgraded my PC hardware to 64 bit OS and now of course, I am having problems running some of my programs. One particular thorny issue is with my old cobol compiler. It wont run under the new Windows 7.0 64 bit OS. SO not I am in very much a need for a new Cobol Compiler for Windows that runs in both 64 bi... 23 Apr 2010 23:17
COBOL - no longer being taught - is a problem
The following posting on bit.listserv.ibm-main (listserv ibm-main(a)bama.ua.edu) is an interesting discussion on COBOL, business practices and includes a reference to a Register article on SQL. On 21 Apr 2010 07:41:41 -0700, lynn(a)GARLIC.COM (Anne & Lynn Wheeler) wrote: Howard Brazee <howard.brazee(a)cusys.edu> wr... 26 Apr 2010 12:35
Microfocus Express.net Compilier
On Apr 23, 7:15 pm, Russ Finley <netsoftdu...(a)gmail.com> wrote: On Apr 23, 2:10 pm, Russ Finley <netsoftdu...(a)gmail.com> wrote: Does anyone have a copy of the free download Microfocus Express.net Compilier?  I attempted to download this free compilier a couple of times now, and it looks as if they ... 23 Apr 2010 23:17
.NET. Is it the Holy Grail?
People who read this forum regularly will know that I am a great fan of Microsoft's .NET platform. For me, the main attraction is that it is an environment which supports Objects and Layers without requiring any particular language (components can run in it easily, without even requiring to be written in a .NE... 23 Apr 2010 20:42
rtsora32 error codes
Can I assume error codes returned by rtsora32 should be the same as what comes out of cobrun? http://supportline.microfocus.com/Documentation/books/sx40sp2/rhrerr01.htm is my reference. I'm trying to understand the 102 error code. This is the return code of an rtsora32 command after the the programs run in-... 20 Apr 2010 15:44
compiling ProCOBOL
Right now on our production system we're compiling ProCOBOL file (pco) in a two step process: procob32 foo.pco ...... cob ... foo.cbl .... This is alright however when we debug the program we have foo.cbl in the debugger; not foo.pco source. I had a command that would run the preprocessor and cob compiler... 18 Apr 2010 21:55
In praise of compiler writers
After getting some complaints from our users about the seeming inefficiency of a particular process, I had a look at the code. The programmer who wrote the code used an internal bubble sort to rearrange the data and find duplicates. Some 3,000 entries consumed as much as two minutes of clock time. "Screw th... 15 Apr 2010 09:09
cannot build opencobol-1.1 under cygwin
Anyone tried that ? confugure ran OK, but make abends -Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-prototypes -Wno-format-y2k -MT libcob_la-screenio.lo - MD -MP -MF ".deps/libcob_la-screenio.Tpo" -c -o libcob_la-screenio.lo `test -f ' screenio.c' || echo './'`screenio.c; \ then mv -f ".deps/libcob_la-screenio.Tpo" ... 30 Apr 2010 19:38
Spin-off
In response to a client request, PRIMA has developed an additional tool for the Migration Toolset which may be of interest to people using COBOL in general. Here's an example scenario: You have a package solution which uses a relational database and you would like to be able to use the information in this D... 2 Apr 2010 21:28
Opensource cobol debugger for opencobol...written in opencobol.
Hi all, I am trying the Opencobol compiler. (www.opencobol.org) I think it's very robust and strong cobol compiler. Unfortunately not (yet) object oriented nevertheless very good product for use cobol with unix and windows systems. I have written a cobol debugger suitable with that cobol, written with it, an... 13 Apr 2010 09:26