From: Derek Schrock on
Right now on our production system we're compiling ProCOBOL file (pco)
in a two step process:

procob32 foo.pco
cob ... foo.cbl

This is alright however when we debug the program we have foo.cbl in
the debugger; not foo.pco source.

I had a command that would run the preprocessor and cob compiler in
one step.
This allowed us to view the original source (pco file) when running
the debugger.

Any idea what that command is? I can't remember if it was 'cob' that
run that preprocessor or if it the preprocessor that ran cob. I think
it was cob... either way any help would be great.
From: Derek Schrock on
On Apr 15, 9:30 am, Derek Schrock <derekschr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Right now on our production system we're compiling ProCOBOL file (pco)
> in a two step process:
>
> procob32 foo.pco
> cob ... foo.cbl
>
> This is alright however when we debug the program we have foo.cbl in
> the debugger; not foo.pco source.
>
> I had a command that would run the preprocessor and cob compiler in
> one step.
> This allowed us to view the original source (pco file) when running
> the debugger.
>
> Any idea what that command is?  I can't remember if it was 'cob' that
> run that preprocessor or if it the preprocessor that ran cob.  I think
> it was cob... either way any help would be great.

Any comments on this?
From: Daniel on
as I know, that command doesn't exists. Debug must be done over precompiled
source but not over embedded sql source.

regards