First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
OOPS! PowerCOBOL batch compiles
Pete Dashwood wrote: I have a client who has a fairly major application written as a series of PowerCOBOL projects. Building this for new releases is a maor undertaking and each project has to be activated (compiled and built) by hand. I have a solution but, before implementing it, I would like to... 30 Jul 2010 21:50
Presentation Layer for RM COBOL and PowerCOBOL Migration
PRIMA are currently addressing the problems of getting RM COBOL displays converted to .NET or Windows. We are also considering approaches to getting PowerCOBOL screens replaced in the same way. The RM source we have uses field-by-field processing with DISPLAY... AT LINE xx COLUMN yy and we are looking at how ... 1 Aug 2010 21:21
PowerCOBOL batch compiles
I have a client who has a fairly major application written as a series of PowerCOBOL projects. Building this for new releases is a maor undertaking and each project has to be activated (compiled and built) by hand. I have a solution but, before implementing it, I would like to be sure I'm not re-inventing ... 30 Jul 2010 21:50
cobol compiler for Windows 7
I'm an out of work mainframe developer who wants to keep up my Cobol skills. Is there a low-cost or free Cobol compiler available that would work on my PC with Windows 7 operating system? ... 23 Jul 2010 11:22
Hobby languages
I was thinking about my retirement, and I have written CoBOL programs that figured out puzzles and fun stuff. My choice of languages is based upon being a competent CoBOL programmer. Let's say I want to write a Sudoko puzzler, a Rubic's Cube solver, or a word puzzle solver. My home computer is a Mac and I... 27 Jul 2010 21:41
Next Draft (FINAL CD) available of "next" COBOL revision
In article <976q36lh0pnpgkmgjar9ftn6mjpj0vnfkv(a)4ax.com>, Clark F Morris <cfmpublic(a)ns.sympatico.ca> wrote: On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 08:28:32 -0500, "Bill Klein" <wmklein(a)noreply.ix.netcom.com> wrote: [snip] As far as IBM goes, I think that there is ZERO chance of every seeing the (754) Binary Floating Poin... 15 Jul 2010 10:56
Test request (for Enter;prise COBOL)
I don't have current access to an IBM Enterprise COBOL compiler (either V3.x or V4.x). If someone who has could try to compile the program in this ntoe with FLAG(I,I) and FLAGSTD(H) turned on, I would be interested in what FIPS messages you get. I have NOT compiled it with any compiler yet, so there may be si... 15 Jul 2010 07:40
Non-English compilers(was: RM COBOL with ISAM files
"Standard conforming" (even ISO, i.e. INTERNATIONAL) COBOL compilers all use English keywords and syntax. Historically, there have been anumber of "pre-" and "co-"processors for non-English syntax support. The IBM "CCCA" productt was originally a preprocessor to allow for French language syntax. Similarly, IB... 22 Jul 2010 09:11
and possibly offensive to sensitive souls - don't read this if you are offended by language. WAS: Re: Anyone feeling poetic?
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 03:28:48 -0700 (PDT), Alistair <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote: <Confession> My middle name is Leslie (masculine spelling). As I kid I was taunted (and scarred for life) by the jibe that Leslie was a girl's name. It isn't, but Lesley (feminine spelling) is. </Confession> ... 12 Jul 2010 10:40
and possibly offensive to sensitive souls - don't read this if you are offended by language. WAS: Re: Anyone feeling poetic?
On Jul 7, 5:20 pm, SkippyPB <swieg...(a)Nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote: I thought that Issac Asimov was a "she". Steve- Hide quoted text - Where did you get that idea from? It has never entered my head to doubt Asimov's gender. ... 11 Jul 2010 08:16
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12